ANST - bokken & shinai ... leads to a question on icons ...

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Mon Jun 22 14:00:27 PDT 1998

On 22 Jun 98, at 14:49, Michael Peters wrote:

>  A good mixture for training is person 1 wears armor and uses bokken
> strictly for defense, person 2 unarmored uses shinai for offense. The
> speed difference makes for serious training for defense form wise (ie the
> person relies more on form defense than on speed). Worked for me.

not to mention that there's something quite "elegant" about the shinai ... more "do"
oriented, fits well with my "water" nature (very draconic ...).  bokken always felt very
"earth" - solid, practical, deadly (the wolf side of the yin-yang)

note:
any artists out there want a commission ... want a design that incorporates that idea
and reflects my two "totems" (primary aspects of self) - celtic styled, wolf (sable on
argent, with argent "eye") & dragon (argent on sable, with a "sable" eye) in a "yin-
yang" configuration (base design for a tat' and something else ... grin) ... two versions
come to mind - one with the animals, another with sylized versions - heads, bodies
breaking up into knotwork anthromorphs .... two distinct aspects always in motion,
continually blending and feeding the other

heralds ... how would that blazon (the lesser stylized) ????

'wolf
... magick is where you find it, or make it