ANST - welcome to the monkey house (was: this channel)

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Tue Jun 23 18:25:25 PDT 1998

On 23 Jun 98, at 19:47, Matthew & Kelly Bowerman wrote:

> thank you for your kind response.  we did not intend to be rude.  we are
> somewhat new to the ansteorran baord and were under the impression that it
> was for sca discussions.  it was a little disconcerting to have 6 or 7
> messages dealing with ds9 and something about apple sauce, etc.  the
> e-mails re:brewing, awards, rapier combat, etc.

simply consider that it's like any *general* conversation flow you find at any sca
event ... moves from the sublime to the silly, scadian to mundane, reasoned to
impassioned (and sometimes psychotic) and back again ... signal / noise levels rise
and fall.  being bound by laws of chaos, they change constantly so wait a bit and the
times and winds will change ...

though like those same events, the silliness and wyrdness tends to be tied to time of
night, working / nonworking night, ambiant house temperature, phase of the moon,
amount of tequila consumed, the presence of tree weasels, etc ....

'wolf
... who channels coyote frequently, works at home for now (ie: lives at the machines),
and has strong opinions and perceptions (grin w/fangs)