ANST - Baronial Service (was Awards,...)

John Ruble ulf at urocor.com
Wed Jun 24 06:44:40 PDT 1998

HE Caterina wrote:

> OKAY!  Look, I NEVER said the Crown didn't have some connection! I
> *merely* pointed out that (at least with OUR BSO) the Crown DOES NOT
> SIGN THE SCROLL!!!!  JEEEEZZZZ!!  The Territorials sign it. The Crown
> is advised of the choice, at the same time recommendations for other
> awards are sent to the Crown for approval.  I never said it was their
> "sole domain", what I said was that in MY experience, the Crown
> "generally" left that sort of thing to their Landeds.... Considering
> the fact that WE are the ones who deal with those people on a more
> intimate basis than the Crown.  We tend to be a *lot* more selective
> than apparently YOU think about who gets a BSO here....past actions
> count for a lot.  We aren't going to be allowed by the rest of the
> members of the order to make someone who's a complete jerk!  Not to
> mention the fact that we only make so many members of the order per
> year,  the waiting list is quite long, and those folks who are made
> members, usually have other awards *before* we can take them into the
> BSO.
> Yeah that *was* me at the radicals meeting.......I was the one leading
> the revolt for those of us who like to keep our knickers out of a
> twist!! If there is one thing that gets me riled is Heralds without a
> *good* cause. Grrrrrrr.......

I never said you were not selective in your recommendations to the Crown.
 I was stressing the fact that it is the Crown who makes the decision,
not the landed Barons and Baronesses.

If you have more to say to me on this subject, could we please discuss it
through private e-mail, since apparently we both have a strong opinion on
the matter and these good gentles do not need to see our anger.

Ulf
ulfie at usa.net