ANST - Motto Suggested by Kayleigh

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Wed Jun 24 22:34:11 PDT 1998

Baroness Kayleigh Drake suggested:
>Here is a cute one...........we have a new fighter who eventually would like
>to be a Knight.  His motto - "For Gods sakes, hit me in the head!" :-).

Dei gratia, me in capite ice!

* gratia+genitive "for the sake of"
* Deus, Dei (2nd declension masculine noun) "God" -- Dei (genitive singular)
* ico, icere, ici, ictum (3rd conjugation verb) "to strike, hit" -- ice
(imperative singular) "you hit!"
* ego, mei (personal pronoun) "I" -- me (accusative singular) "me"
* in (preposition requiring ablative) "in"
* caput, caputis (3rd declension neuter noun) "head" -- capite (ablative
singular case)

cc: Stefan li Rous for his Florilegium Files
Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)