ANST - Dirty little posts

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri Jun 26 05:59:42 PDT 1998

James Crouchet said something that sounded like:
> Ok, so some want the dirt on who did what to who. Some think this is horrible
> and do not want to see it on their list. Don't say anything unless you are going
> to tell it all. Don't say anything bad. Don't say anything not PC. Don't say
> anything.

I'm sorry that this is how you view my actions. I will not apologize for
my actions though.

Unfortunatelly from experience with human nature, I now know how quickly
it can degrade into name calling and accusations that are inappropriate
in a public venue such as this list. People's emotions are closely tied
up in their actions, and rational thought can be easily overlooked.

As well, the ability to make accusations without rebutal is not a good
idea in my not-so-humble opinion. Even the delayed rebutal associated
with mailing lists is not good for the accused's reputation.

> Dore - very unhappy about the signal to noise ratio on this list.

As am I, so why don't we encourage them with good discussion instead of
trying to chastise and correct them?

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "If you want my views of history
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   then there is something you should know.