ANST - awards(Deads not Words)

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Sat Jun 27 11:13:33 PDT 1998

I believe that people should be judged by their actions and not just their
words alone. Listen to what they say, but see what they do.  They might have
been just saying things to pull your chain.  The moto of an infantry
battalion I was in once best summed it up,"Deeds not Words".

I would hate to think that an award recommendation was done for any one who
didn't deserve it.  Again, "deserve it" is a judgement call on the part of
the Crown based on what is in the award recommendation.  In most cases "we"
never see every thing that a particular person may have done.  I truly hope
that no one has flambusluded the Crown.

Because of various reasons, I don't get to go to nearly as many events as I
would like.  So I don't know nearly as many of the people as I would like.
The last event I went to was Kings College.  And as with most events, the
Crown gave some awards.  I didn't know any of them (well, I know Pug now
sorta), but I appluaded and got teary eyed for each of them.  Every thing
has a price; wheither it's money, time, effort or some intangable thing like
attitude, etc. or a combination of things.  I'm sure everyone pays their
price and then some.

HL Gilbert Ost Westley "Gilli"
gilli at seacove.net