ANST - Mailing Lists and Handouts

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Jun 29 07:45:03 PDT 1998

Erik Langhans said something that sounded like:
> I strongly recommend that info re SCA mailing lists NOT be added to the
> fliers.  Contact me privately for more info.

I don't know if I agree or disagree.

This is a two-sided coin.

First, the SCA mailing lists and newsgroups are not part of the SCA. The
Coporation has so decided, and I am inclined to agree with them so we do
not have to live within the total bounds of the SCA when having
conversations here.

Second, it is a useful tool for those people to get a taste of what
we're like. The good, the bad and the ugly.

Personally, I think listing official websites and email addreses, such as
www.ansteorra.org or VScribe at ansteorra.org, is a good idea. If they look
around there and find the lists, then great!

I think that listing personal email addresses is a bad idea. People
change offices, but others will keep fliers for a long time and possibly
still contact the person listed.

For the Kingdom officers, there are addresses on Ansteorra.org that
resend to their personal accounts. (Ie. Hospitaler goes to Modius's email
address until he steps down, although this is the first he's heard of it.)

Ciao,