ANST - Question...

Jan Downs warrior at texas.net
Mon Jun 29 11:01:27 PDT 1998

I have found when talking to people about things like this, if you make them
wrong for whatever they did they can't hear what you are saying and it's
counterproductive.
Human beings would rather die than be wrong. Think about it: how much do
you(a general *you*, no one specific intended) hate being wrong and how much
more do you hate being told about it. This is not to say we don't all at
some point or another need some insight about how we are jerks. We all have
our flaws. As hard as it is sometimes, it is more helpful to approach this
sort of conversation from a position of compassion and the desire to make a
contribution to this person. Maybe they don't know what a jerk they're
being.

I wish I could live up to this ideal 100% of the time. ;>
Martel