ANST - keltoi: brothers and sisters ....

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Wed Jun 3 11:46:23 PDT 1998

while out on my regular mid-day constitutional, per usual i was mulling things over
including some recent emial conversations i had with several long-term cynn of the
keltoi persuasion, and i had some thoughts (funny how that happens mid-day, in the
heat, after several miles, carrying a field-pack ... before anyone asks, it's a fitness /
conditioning practice)

many of those like self (*strong* keltoi types) have lost track of the circles we used to
walk in, and dearly miss the conversation and feedback on the modern and ancient
issues that relate so closely to us .... and seeing that most if not all of them are
*heavily* into computers and communications, it started the wheels spinning and a
idea was fomed ...

i wonder if there would be a place for a special list structure designed to deal with
these matters, something that in time would posisbly grow into a interactive web
environment down the road.

some ideas on such a structure ...

the "facilitator" (self) creates the first few topics (clearly labeled in the subject field ...
anyone of the list is welcome to comment, expand, etc, until the topic starts running
out of steam and is "retired" (though could be re-opened at a later date if deemed
appropriate).  the discussion flow will of course spin off new topics, and suggestions
will always be welcome from the list at large (recorded and kept in a master list ... will
often pick a volunteer list member to choose a new topic and lead off the discussions)
.  these threads would be archived and used as the foundation for a website that would
run in conjunction with the mail-list's

that, and it would be a good way to put those university years of celtic studies to use.
have a server available on a ISDN line and will soon have the house server back online
and accessable (once Times Warner get's the cable modem system running).  such a
sytem could be *very* popular and productive with *wide* ranging interest ... exploring
options and testing the waters.

some topics off the top of the head ...

... the immrama
... book, music, cultural recommendations
... warrior mind in a soldier culture
... the internet, the modern sidhe?
... tribal bodyart, connections to the soul
... how does your keltoi nature reflect in your modern world
... shamanism in the modern world
... modern music and the celtic connections
... darkling "faery" comes into the common world
... celtic design in modern arts and crafts
... celtic basis of the arthurian myth structures
... cultural mixings, past and present
... where is west now?

comments welcome publically (since subject matter is of general SCA interest) or in
private, please prefix the subject line with KELTOI (for my mail filters to process it
properly)

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves