ANST - was INTERNET...now A&S...

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Fri Jun 5 14:05:57 PDT 1998

Greetings from Stefan li Rous,

jhartel wrote:
> Jane Bretz wrote:
>
> > PS Anyone working on a particular A&S project they want to talk about,  or read
> > a good history book lately?
>
> Actually just doing some inkle weaving.  I know the inkle loom itself is
> a post-period creation but what did they use in period?  I know the
> South/Central Americans use a method called backstrap weaving which
> gives the same effect.  I once read how the ancients Scandanavians did
> their weaving but I have long since lost that memory.  Mistrss Gunnora
> or anyone else????
>
> Moriel***

I'm not sure if it covers the period inkle loom equivalent or not, but there
is some info on different period looms in this file in the TEXTILE ARTS
section in my Florilegium:

looms-msg         (50K)  1/ 5/98    Medieval looms.

This, like my other files, can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan
stefan at texas.net