ANST - swords

ches ches at io.com
Wed Jun 10 11:31:24 PDT 1998

WOW! What an adventure! A group of us were purchasing a sword for a freind
as a knighting gift. I called the Dallas PD non emergency phone number
to find out how to legally transport the thing from the store in the
galleria to my home then to the event, I have an explorer so no trunk.
The non emergency number transfered me to the 911 operator, who
transferred me to a more tenured member of the 911 team who transferred me
to another office, who transferred me to the breakroom where the cops were
so they could answer the question. Phew! Answer was conceal it in the
trunk. I have not trunk I have an explorer, I answered. Does it have an
edge, he asked, no it does not, I answered. Conceal it, he said, any way
you can.

Ok guys and gals, what happens if I get pulled over?!?! It is sealed in a
box that cannot be opened without a lot of trouble and has no edge. The
event is not for a while so I have time to get a license or whatever, the
group of freinds want to do this at least 4 or 5 more times in the next
year.

Ches