ANST - blade transportation ....

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Wed Jun 10 12:18:41 PDT 1998

On 10 Jun 98, at 13:31, ches wrote:

> Ok guys and gals, what happens if I get pulled over?!?! It is sealed in a
> box that cannot be opened without a lot of trouble and has no edge. The
> event is not for a while so I have time to get a license or whatever, the
> group of freinds want to do this at least 4 or 5 more times in the next
> year.

seal in packaging (box, etc), wrap whole mess in large towel, place out of line of sight,
cover with other gear, keep copy of receipt handy, don't give the law probable cause to
pull you over, don't obsess about it  ... you should have no problem (especially if not
sharpened).

been transporting blades, archaic weaponry, and firearms of all types to/fro in tejas for
25+ years with no incident to date (regularly get away with hauling my cased HK 91
(ie, "black, un-american, evil assault rifle") or HK94 (even more evil pseudo smg ...) on
my back when heading out to the range on the harley.

alternately, a locked, rigid long-gun case (plastic / aluminum) can easily prove that it is
not accessable to occupants (same as locking in trunk) .... and if they ask why you
have it, there is only one answer ... "there can be only one!"  (note: our local cop's
tend to have a sense of humor and aren't usually looking to hassle anyone ...)

'wolf
... use common sense.  if you don't look for a confrontation and you'll rarely find one