ANST - It's been real sad

Dennis and Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 10 19:42:46 PDT 1998

Salut Cozyns,

Béatrix responded to Gorm's--

>>   I have deleted messages about a dead horse that had no interest for
me, and they
>> have been
>> quickly joined by messages about looms.

--with:

>I am tired of the puns and dead horse lines.  However, I find it very sad
that a
>discussion about A&S projects, such as brewing and looms, is considered
non-SCA and
>Ansteorra content.  I can't imagine that this annoyed anyone.  I was just
happy to
>see us not discussing mundane internet issues.  For those of you who took
had a
>problem with that topic, I appologize......no I don't apologize.  I hope
that more
>people can talk about the wonderful projects that they are working on, and
ways we
>can exchange ideas about them.  Life is not all politics, and weighty
matters of the
>(Ansteorra) world.

I think the lady has misunderstood the gentleman's point.  He did not say
the discussion of looms was inappropriate or annoying.  He was merely using
two disparate examples (the dead horse stuff in contrast to the looms
thread [pun unintentional]) two point out that we all delete messages for
various personal reasons.  I, too, delete the looms missives.  The topic
simply doesn't interest me.  Similarly, I don't expect my fighter practice
missives to get to much play among the non-martial folks.  That's okay.

So, no, Béatrix, you don't owe anyone an apology.

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace