ANST - It's been real sad

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Wed Jun 10 19:59:36 PDT 1998

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Jane Bretz <bretz at swbell.net> wrote:
> Robert Brown wrote:
> > I have deleted messages about a dead horse that had no interest
> > for me, and they have been quickly joined by messages about looms.
>
> I am tired of the puns and dead horse lines.  However, I find it
> very sad that a discussion about A&S projects, such as brewing and
> looms, is considered non-SCA and Ansteorra content.  I can't imagine
> that this annoyed anyone.

That's not my take at all.  Robert Brown's quote above just says that
those messages "had no interest for me", but he wasn't speaking for
anyone else or suggesting that they were inappropriate.  I don't
remember his message now, but judging from the quote above, he was
just saying that he simply did the delete command when he happened not
to be interested in the particular subject.  (With the implication
that anyone else can, too.)

Since I've complained about some messages recently, let me state for
the record that I have no beef against horse discussions, or any other
on-topic discussion however long.  If I don't care for the topic, I
can and should just delete it.  The bottle says "SCA" on the label, so
I won't complain that the contents are SCA.  My concerns are with
meta-issues of presentation, and with long strings of off-topic
replies.  That is, the contents are sometimes dilute or are (In My
Humble Opinion) in an ugly bottle.

Daniel de Lincolia, forcene the livestock puns from Aquilanne
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com;
if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work address.