ANST - swords

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Wed Jun 10 21:12:05 PDT 1998

Heilsa all...

Kief here...

Ches writes...and queries...

>WOW! ......

.*paragraph deleted*

>.....Conceal it, he said, any way you can.

>Ok guys and gals, what happens if I get pulled over?!?! It is sealed in a
>box that cannot be opened without a lot of trouble and has no edge. The
>event is not for a while so I have time to get a license or whatever, the
>group of freinds want to do this at least 4 or 5 more times in the next
>year.

First...I figure that by the time this hits the list the question will be
answered several times.

Second...There is no "license". Under the Texas Penal Code a "sword" is
illegal to carry in this state. As well, if it has a "double edge" as in
"dagger" it is also illegal.

Third....Tell the officers, if you are found to be carrying the "sword", that
it is a theater prop... Used in historically accurate plays...

Fourth...If that does not work.... Have bond money...and a lawyer.

Fifth....I've carried swords and axes and maces and spears and daggers etc. for
14 years now with no trouble. Keep them wrapped and out of sight. In a box is
good. In duffle bags... And well out of the reach of the driver. Good luck.

>Ches

Waes Thu Hael kinfolk...

Kief