ANST - Info Request

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Jun 11 07:12:28 PDT 1998

John Yates wrote:
>    I have another request. I could use some information on cuirre boille
> armor (quite possible mispelled). I am recently back in after a couple
> of periods in high school and college an increasing number of years ago.
> I am trying to use the 'boiled' heavy leather to round off my armor, or
> at least until I can have some metal (a lot!) shaped into the elbows and
> knees.
>    I would appreciate your help/advice/pointers.
>
>    Valstarr

Try this file in the COMBAT section of my Florilegium:

armor-leather-msg (47K)  8/21/97    Making leather armor.

Many of the messages in this file have to do with hardening leather
using wax. This was at one time, Duke Cariadoc's method. In the last
few years, he has joined the ranks of those who feel that this was
not the period method. I believe I have added his messages about
this to this file. I have, however, left the messages about using
wax in this file because some may consider this method better for
modern times even if it is less authentic re-creation.

There are some other files in this section on other pieces of armor
and combat related things that you might also find useful.

My files can be found at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net