ANST - swords

PKieferjr at aol.com PKieferjr at aol.com
Thu Jun 11 14:38:49 PDT 1998

<< I'm not sure about the specifics, but you may ask Don Aubrey.
 Here, if it is for a historical recreation, as long as you are not
brandishing
 it in public it's no problem.
     As to having an explorer, I have a suburban, and this goes for guns, so
It
 should go for swords also.  Since you have no trunk, placing it in the very
back
 cargo area serves as the same purpose.  I'd still cover it though just so as
not
 to make anyone nervous. >>

A few months back, a sherrif's deputy pulled me over because my license plate
light had burned out.  While I was frantically searching for my proof of
insurance, his partner noticed that I had my rapier equipment in my back seat
(amazing how they could spot that among all that junk and trash back there).
The deputy politely explained to me that, despite the fact that the epee and
foil were effectively harmless fencing equipment, they were still illegal, and
recommended that I store the stuff in the trunk (which I proceeded to do),
then let me go my merry way.

Moral:  When in doubt, store it in the back.

Lord Johann Kiefer Hayden (Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.)