ANST - Nobility/Heraldry

jhartel jhartel at net-link.net
Thu Jun 11 11:41:03 PDT 1998

HRH Kat said something akin to:

>  The really cool thing about getting a Court Barony is that
> it gives the recipient the right to have supporters and a Baronial
> Coronet on their heraldic achievement (along with a mantle if they
> didn't have a Grant level award prior to that time).
>
> An interesting point to note is that in many kingdoms, the Court
> Barony conveys no more rank than any AoA level award.

That is very true.  Up here in the Mid-Realm a Court Baron/Baroness is
is an AOA level award. And the landed baron/ess do not get a CB upon
stepping down unless thay have done something outstanding. (or so that
is how it has been explained to me) Awards are VERY HARD to earn up
here.

However the difference in heraldic acheivements is different.  Having a
grant award up here allows the bearer to have torse, mantling, 2
supporters and I believe a crest!  An AOA allows the person to have 1
supporter.

So, according to Mid-Realm rules I am allowed (if I so choose) to have 2
supporters, torse, mantling and crest (I think) EVEN though my grant
level awards are from Ansteorra.  Of course the heraldic achievement is
non-registerable through the College of Heralds so I suppose if I ever
make it back to Ansteorra I would have to change my heraldic achievement
back to Ansteorran standards.

Any herlads have any ideas on that?

Moriel***