ANST - Estrella War & Great Western War

jhartel jhartel at net-link.net
Thu Jun 11 11:51:37 PDT 1998

Hey folks,

Pulled this off of the Tavern Yard.  Thought some of you might find it
of interest.

Moriel***

 For those who remember the Atenveldt/Caid "war" over Estrella about a
year
 ago ...

 Mathghamhain and Katerina, King and Queen of Atenveldt, Send Warm
Greetings
 Unto the Populace of Atenveldt, on this 11th Day of June. AS XXXIII,
Being
 1998 in the Common Reckoning,

 We, Mathghamhain and Katerina, King and Queen of Atenveldt, and Our
Heirs
 TRH Douglas and Amanda, Crown Prince and Princess of Atenveldt, are
pleased
 to announce We have reached an agreement with the Kingdom of Caid about
the
 Estrella War and Great Western War.  This agreement was signed by all
 parties and announced at Caid Coronation on June 6,1998.  It will also
be
 published in the upcoming July Southwind.  We believe it is a Great
Step to
 reconciling Our past differences with Our Neighboring Kingdoms.

 Mathghamhain and Katerina
 King and Queen of Atenveldt.

 AN AGREEMENT  BETWEEN THE SOVEREIGN REALMS OF ATENVELDT AND CAID

 Recognizing that Our realms are bound together not only by our
geographical
 proximity, but by shared history, goals, and ideals, the Kingdom of
Caid
 enters into an agreement with the Kingdom of Atenveldt for the good of
 these Kingdoms, and for the Greater Good of the Society.

 * Whereas the Kingdom of Atenveldt has already included the Kingdom of
Caid
 in decisions related to the evaluation of a site for Estrella War XV,

 * Whereas the Kingdom of Atenveldt is making the medieval aspects of
 Estrella War XV (particularly the design and execution of the combat
 scenarios and the arts competitions), an inter-kingdom event between
the
 Principal Kingdoms of Caid, the Outlands and Artemisia,

 * Whereas the Kingdom of Atenveldt will continue to make the medieval
 aspects of Estrella War an inter-kingdom event for future Estrella
Wars,

 * Whereas the Kingdom of Atenveldt has published all financial aspects
of
 1998's Estrella War XIV (including distribution of monies for volunteer
 hours) to its Own Populace, and to the Populace of the Principal
Kingdoms,

 * Whereas Kingdom of Atenveldt Law mandates that Atenveldt will
continue to
 publish, regular financial information explaining all financial aspects
of
 1999's Estrella War XV (including distribution of monies for volunteer
 hours) to its Own Populace, and to the Populace of the Principal
Kingdoms,

 * Whereas the Kingdom of Atenveldt and the Kingdom of Caid agree not to
 change the agreed upon design of combat scenarios and arts competitions
 defined in an Estrella War Treaty without extreme reluctance and the
full
 mutual agreement of all Principal Monarchs or Their representatives,

 * Whereas the Kingdom of Atenveldt and the Six Baronies of the Kingdom
of
 Atenveldt have sent a written pledge to the Kingdom of Caid stating
neither
 Barons War, nor any other Atenveldt sponsored War, shall be held in
 Atenveldt 30 days before or 30 days after the three day weekend of
Columbus
 Day,

 * Whereas the Kingdom of Caid has pledged neither Great Western War,
nor
 any other Caid sponsored War, shall be held 30 days before or 30 days
after
 the three day weekend of Presidents Day.

 Thus do the Kingdom of Atenveldt and the Kingdom of Caid pledge to
place
 the Estrella War and the Great Western War on Their Respective Kingdom
 Calendars and fully support participation of Their Populaces for both
 events.

 Done by Our Hands, this 6th day of June, Being Anno Societatis XXXIII,
or
 1998 in the Common Reckoning.

 MATHGHAMHAIN                             RORIK
 Rex Atenveldtus                         Rex Caid

 KATERINA                                 KARINA
 Regina Atenveldtus                     Regina Caid

 DOUGLAS                                  IVAN
 Crown Prince, Atenveldt               Crown Prince, Caid

 AMANDA                                   ANASTASIIA
 Crown Princess, Atenveldt           Crown Princess, Caid

 MRYDDINA                                 CARA
 Acting Aten Kingdom Seneschal   Caid Kingdom Seneschal, Caid