ANST - Nobility/Heraldry

John F. Hirling macfergus at unidial.com
Fri Jun 12 07:41:19 PDT 1998

The scroll for an AoA reads,  . . . in recognition of diverse efforts to
enrich our realm . . .
There are many activities which, in my opinion, merit such recognition:
participation in demos, helping with events, participation in competitions,
working with newcomers, helping teach, the list goes on and on.
There are some things which can make it more difficult for one to be
"recognized."  Chief among those is non-continuous playing or playing on
the fringe.  Thus, a person in the SCA may have been "around" for a long
time and not receive any recognition, even though the totality of their
efforts have "enriched the realm."
Finally, some person or persons must recommend you for such recognition, or
you must have somehow come to the attention of the a crown that decides to
award an AoA sua sponte.

Your question does not strike me as naive.  As with all knowledge, we're
ignorant til we learn.

John F. Hirling						Ihon Vinson macFergus
a 20th century cleric					a 14th century lowland Scot
and all around good guy					and all around good guy
Houston, TX						Stargate, Ansteorra
(713) 682-2556 (o)	macfergus at unidial.com		(713) 956-0046 (h)