ANST - So You've Got Your AoA. Now What?

Conor na Mara ack3 at airmail.net
Sat Jun 13 00:33:48 PDT 1998

>Greetings to the List:

Hi!

>So, what do we do now, we new Lords and Ladies? I know there is a lot of
>work being done to make all the cool things happen that are always
>happening, but how do you score some? I mean, beyond patrolling the event
>looking for people carrying heavy objects? Where and when are these
>things decided?
>
>How about the other fields? Meaning combat and A&S. Please,oh please,
>don't send ten thousand posts saying "Well, it depends on what you are
>interested in." Of course it does. But where to start? I realize that's
>vague, and even a little whiny. I really don't want anyone to get
>inspired *for* me, I have a few things cookin'. But I want to hear some
>opinions, stories, anything...

I would first say, do a little more reasearch into your persona. Try to nail
down some specifics and then in corporate them into your persona. You could
also try becoming a deputy to the corresponding officer of the things you
like to do. I know I have learned a great deal from our ex-knights marshal
in armour making and fighting basics. You could also start attending
officers meetings. With alot of groups I've seen it's a time for the
officers to get together and figure out what they're gonna do for the next
month. Also, you could try co-autocratting an event. I have yet to actually
do that but I'm sure most autocrats won't mind a little less burden.  If all
else fails, talk to your seneschale. Chances are they'll have an idea of
what's going on with the group and could point you in a direction where you
could help out.

    I'm sure I"ve missed some other things to try, but that'll at least get
ya started.

>Respectfully,
>-Erik Wulfriksson-

Ld. Conor na Mara
Dun na Locha Ruadh
ack3 at airmail.net
"A Smurf is nothing but a * very small * Pict."