ANST - White Scarves as Peers?

SCOTT A WAGGONER maynedelacroix at juno.com
Sat Jun 13 08:11:25 PDT 1998

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998 20:21:56 +0000 jhartel <jhartel at net-link.net> writes:
> Is not a White Scarf as well versed in his chosen field of combat as a
Knight/MOA in >his/hers?  Do White Scarves not dance, bard, herald,
serve, and other qualities which are
>needed in order to become a Peer?

>Moriel***

I am only a lowly Lord, but I have been in th SCA long enough to say that
I have met some Don's and non-belted fighters who may not have been
deadly heavy fighters, but had an abundance of the other qualities
required for knighthood.  I also seen a few (thankfully very few) knights
that I felt were quite UNknightly.  There are one or two I wouldnt cross
the street to spit on.  Personally I think the light fighters are doing a
lot more historically accurate recreation of combat than the Chivalric
is.  We are limited greatly by the need to not severely injure ourselves
which is quite easy with even the rattan weapons.