ANST - Nobility..

mirrim at texas.net mirrim at texas.net
Sat Jun 13 05:27:16 PDT 1998

Pug Bainter wrote:

> Lori Campbell said something that sounded like:

> > An interesting point to note is that in many kingdoms, the Court
> > Barony conveys no more rank than any AoA level award.
>
> Are there any that it conveys no rank with?

When I first joined the SCA in Meridies 19 years ago, a Court Barony
in Meridies came with no precedence and not even an AOA.  John the
Bearkiller was King for the second time and was appalled to find out
after he gave someone an AOA that it didn't carry precedence.  So he
turned around and gave the person in question a GOA to go with it.
Meridies later changed their law to give Court Barony as an AOA level
award.

Mirrim

"Practice principled acts of self-interest and ruthless logic"