ANST - White Scarves as Peers?

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Mon Jun 15 22:20:48 PDT 1998

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998 j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu wrote:
> Some may say that as I am not a peer, I am not qualified to make
> such judgements.

Most judges are not murderers, yet they are called on to judge them.

Catholic priests are often celibate, yet they are expected to judge
sexual matters.  (Then again, there's the apocryphal words of the
Italian lover when he heard about a Papal bull on sex: "He no play-a
da game, he no make-a da rules".)

My most complicated cooking feat was using a bread machine (on the
third try) to make a box mix of whole-wheat bread (just add water),
yet I can justly judge some aspects of a feast, and more with
documentation presented.

In other words, I say "go for it".

Daniel de Lincolia
--