ANST - White Scarves as Peers?

Chris Zakes cjz at abmdata.com
Tue Jun 16 07:22:04 PDT 1998

----------
From: 	jhartel[SMTP:giga!net-link.net!jhartel]
Sent: 	Tuesday, June 16, 1998 6:27 AM
To: 	giga!abmdata.com!cjz
Subject: 	Re: ANST - White Scarves as Peers?

Greetings folks!

My lord, Eldred, has been reading over my shoulder and keeps asking
"Well why can't a White Scarf be made a Laurel in Fence/Rapier
Combat...or however one would word it.  This would eleviate the problems
of creating a NEW peerage *or* mass raising of ALL White Scarves to the
new peerage level.  This would also allow the Crown to select those they
felt were worthy of becoming a peer."

Anyone have any feedback or ideas on this?

It has been done a couple of times in Atenveldt/Artemesia. The Laurel was given for overall excellence in Renaissance knowledge--clothing, fighting styles, etc. not *just* for fighting ability. There have been some Laurels given for things like rapier-making (Master Eldric in Ansteorra and Master Malcolm the Scot in Atenveldt being two excellent examples.)

There have also been several Pelicans given for work in rapier fighting--getting it started in a kingdom, holding marshallate offices, etc.

	-Tivar Moondragon
	(Rapier Pelican)