ANST - Request for Stories

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Tue Jun 16 08:21:52 PDT 1998

>Ld.Johan Bjornsson asked:
>I am on a quest for stories that could be classified as
>"SCA Urban Legends".  It would be greatly appreciated if anyone
>could send me any such stories.  Please send them to my e-mail
>address rather than replying on the listserv.

These types of tales have been collected many times.  You really should go
to Deja News (www.dejanews.com) and do a powersearch on the old rec.org.sca
posts for such tales.

If DejaNews intimidates you, Stefan li Rous has thougtfully been collecting
these tales in his Florilegium files over the years -- specifically under
"SCA Stories" though you can find them elsewhere (ie., "I'll See Your Six",
a song by Ioseph of Locksley about the SCA's first lady knight, Trude
Lacklandia).

One thing to recall about 90% of all of the SCA urban legends is that they
*are* just legends.  For example, the story about Sir John the Plain
driving off burglars with his katana while wearing nothing but socks is
untrue, but *is* typical of this genre of tales.

Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)