ANST - awards as goals

Fox Anton Purtill fpurtill at simpletel.com
Tue Jun 16 08:46:51 PDT 1998

Not a problem, I actually did address it in my post to some degree.
I was suggesting that I personally feel that with the skills I
currently have I don't feel I possess the criteria "I" see as
what it would take to receive say Master or Knight.  Because I
don't personally see myself at those levels means the highest I
feel I might ever (in my lifetime) see might be court Baron.

However, this doesn't mean I see the title as a goal, just a
note of my impression of my own abilities.  How one applies
what they DO know counts more than any award or title or rank
could ever provide.  I may never be Master quality (whatever that
really is) but I know that my intentions shall always be to do the
best that I can with what I have, and if I can help someone
improve beyond my own meager skill with/by instruction or help
others have fun then I have succeeded where no award or title will
go toward making me happy in the SCA, and life in general.

BTW- unlike some, I take no offense a creative intelligent
disagreements, and encourage them as they teach me more about
other opinions.  To be inflexible is to break when pushed, I'm
not real fond of breaking, so a little give here and there is
a good thing.  :)

Fox