ANST - Herzog Galen

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Wed Jun 17 08:49:06 PDT 1998

I believe it was on this list that Galen explained why his lady
doesn't want him to win Crown again -- because of the title she'd get.
The actual spelling is "Herzogin" in German.  I believe it is
pronounced "HURTS again", which is exceptionally truthful.  She does
have at least two options:

- another language.  English is standard, after all.  Icelandic and
  Middle Norweigan have Hertogafru, which has rather a nice ring to
  it.  (Danish Hertuginde sounds rather like the name she's objecting
  to, and sounds appropriate for the Swedish Chef on the Muppet Show.
  Worse: Danish "queen" is Dronning.)

- lesser title.  If she becomes a duchess, she's still a countess --
  you can't be stripped of a title without major action.  It
  might be a little confusing if she used Gr{a:}fin ("who did he
  fight for the first time?").

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;