ANST - scarves and centurions

Tim Lozos dentim at myriad.net
Wed Jun 17 14:04:11 PDT 1998

Greetings!
Lady Jilleighanne said...
>Hmmm...I know Timo is a centurion is that a intermediate between squire and
>knight?

You could say it's intermediate between "lord/lady" and knight.

The term "squire" is confused by alot of people to be some kind of rank.
It's not. You dont have to become a squire to be a knight. You do have to
enter into some kind of argeement with a knight to become a squire (thats a
very wide open thing).

In general, Squire/Knight is very much like Student/Teacher.

You also don't have to be a Centurion to be a knight. The Centurion is like
the Iris or Star, a grant level award. But the big difference is that darn
near everyone who is a Laurel has an Iris, and darn near every Pelican has a
Star.  The Centurion is a little different (and a lot newer) so very few (
6, soon to be 7) knights have it. I 'm sure more will be coming out of the
centurion circle in the future.

 Would a centurion be the equivalent of a white scarf because there
>isn't anything right now higher than a white scarf for swishypokes.  Just
>wondering...

It's equivalent in precedence. How individuals view the award is different
though. If I went to Queen's champion, I would rank the same as all the Dons
in the list, but that and a Ruger 9mm still wouldnt get me out of the second
round.

Timo
26th Centurion of the Sable Star