ANST - Shooting from the Hip

Nathan W. Jones njones at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 18 12:27:50 PDT 1998

Baroness Caterina (the sometimes not so stealthy)

> PS- I STILL wanna know what this means!
> > Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
> > (Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)

I'm sure Gunnora will pipe in eventually with a literal translation, but I think it
means something like "I can't teach you how to be a Laurel, but I can teach you the
bearing of a Peer."

It's been a while since she explained it, so I might have gotten it wrong.  Or,
quite possibly, she has replaced that quote with a totally different quote in
Norwegian.

Gio.

p.s.  I think the literal translation has something about "crowns of leaves" and
"fertilizer" and stuff.  *grin*