ANST - Mikaela's Motto

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Thu Jun 18 23:16:02 PDT 1998

Thyra said:
>A minor clarification about Mikaela's motto:
>> Duchess Mikaela of Monmouthshire
>> Usque Comissare
>> (Latin - "Party on!")
>
>I did ask Gunnora for a Latin translation of 'party on' so I could
>include it in Mikaela's duchy scroll.  (What can I say?   It
>seemed appropriate, and it's way more subtle in Latin than in
>English. )  However, her chosen motto is 'My friends in June.'

OK - in Latin, *that* would be:

Amici mei in Junio.

GLOSSARY
mei (1st person singular pronoun, genitive case) "my"

amicus (2nd declension masculine noun) "friend"
amici (nominative plural) "friends"

in (preposition requiring an ablative case noun as its object) "in, on,
upon" etc.

Junius (2nd declension masculine noun) "June"

cc: Stefan li Rous for his Florilegium files
Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)