ANST - White Scarves as Peers?

Chris and Elisabeth Zakes moondrgn at bga.com
Fri Jun 19 05:03:39 PDT 1998

At 06:46 PM 6/16/98 CDT, you wrote:

>>From: zarlor at acm.org (Lenny Zimmermann)
>>To: ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG
>>Subject: Re: ANST - White Scarves as Peers?
>>Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 22:21:13 GMT
>>
>>On Tue, 16 Jun 1998 17:16:38 -0500, meadhbh wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks so much for the update. Glad to hear it was reinstated!  What
>about the West? Did they
>>>reinstate it to?
>>
>>Yep, but last I heard it was fiberglass only, there. Although I
>>thought I heard a rumor that they might be switching to include
>>schlager either this reign or next.
>>

>>Honos Servio,
>>Lionardo Acquistapace, Bjornsborg

>It is fiberglass only in An Tir also. Unless they have made a recent
>change.  HLady Jan

Actually, An Tir started allowing epees several years ago, and started
using schlagers a couple of years ago. Currently, according to their website:

"1.The standard "rapier" used in An Tir rapier combat shall be the standard
commercially available schlager or the fiberglass rapier. Any other type of
blade must be approved by the marshalate and each combatant who will face
such a blade."

To sum up, everybody except Calontir allows rapier fighting. They all allow
steel blades (ranging from foils to schlagers) The West and An Tir required
only fiberglass blades at one time, but that is no longer the case.

	-Tivar Moondragon