ANST - subject lines & public vs private

Dennis and Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Jun 20 11:06:10 PDT 1998

Come on, guys. Give a little thought to consideration for others on the
list. For the past couple days there has been a ton of one-, two-, and
three-line responses back and forth of personal silliness that are of
interest primarily only to the posters (no offense meant here, just a
little perspective). I keep opening posts that say "MOTTOS" to see what
someone might have to say about MOTTOS and I'm seeing posts about duct tape
and cabana boys. While I can certainly see the humor inherant in such a
combination, *if I'm opening a post that says "MOTTOS", I want to see a
post that says something about "MOTTOS"*  PLEASE.

I enjoy inflicting giggles and groans upon a wide audience as much as the
next smart*ss, but I don't feel it necessary to make all my silliness
public. I take a lot of it to private email so as to keep playing with
someone without, hopefully, passing the bounds of courtesy by monopolizing
the list. Maybe this game should go private?

Like I said, no offense meant to anyone; just a request.

Aquilanne