Why Calontir doesn't Allow Rapier Fighting was Re: ANST - White Scarves as Peers?

tegan at swbell.net tegan at swbell.net
Sun Jun 21 08:48:56 PDT 1998

Kerry & Tonda Pratt wrote:
  The sign that they had posted at the troll stated
> that the use of live steel weapons for demonstrations or competitions was
> illegal in the state of Missourri.  This was the justification that they are
> presently using for not allowing rapier combat.  This may or may not just be
> an excuse for keeping the weapons banned.

If this is banned by law does this mean that fencing as a sport cannot
be done in Missourri? I had heard  laws forbiding dueling used as
justifacation for not having rapier in some places but I never got an
explanation for why fencing was then allowed in these areas.
Tegan