Why Calontir doesn't Allow Rapier Fighting was Re: ANST - White Scarves as <

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Sun Jun 21 14:42:37 PDT 1998

On 21 Jun 98,, Raymond Catz wrote:

> Fencing is not illegal in this
> state, and the equipment is regarded as either sporting or theatrical
> gear.

Let me also point out that FENCING was not what was illegal. DUELLING was
supposedly illegal and...get ready for this, it's SCA heresy...we do not duel.

Real duel = real weapons & real injury/death. It does not matter what you CALL
your activity, what matters is what it really is. Thus if I thump my opponent with
an epee blade, he falls down and we all say he is "dead", the reality is he will
get back up and I will not go to jail.

Don Dore