ANST - Baronies and armigerous'ness...

Pat St. Jean psj at cgmlarson.com
Mon Jun 22 07:21:36 PDT 1998

On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, Pug Bainter wrote:
>  4. Authority. Only royalty and territorial Barons and Baronesses may
>     bestow awards. If an award is established for a specific branch,
>     only the royalty or Baron/ess of that branch may bestow the award,
>     unless the power is specifically delegated in a manner consistent
>     with Corpora and kingdom law and custom.
>----
>
>  I read this to mean that Court Baronies can not give out awards at
>  events for the Crown. This is a "bad thing" if that is the case.

Pug,
  I read it a little differently, and I think it depends on the definition
of bestow.  I take bestow to mean "I, Court Baron Legran Fromage, want
Rhin O'Hyde to have an AoA.  Poof, he's got it!".  But (IMHO, IANAL, etc.)
there should be no reason why they couldn't hand out awards for the crown.

Felipé San Juan
Barony of Stargate
Kingdom of Ansteorra

Patrick St. Jean              '97 XLH 883                psj at cgmlarson.com
Programmer & Systems Administrator                    +1 713-977-4177 x115
Larson Software Technology                        http://www.cgmlarson.com