ANST - White Scarves as Peers?

Lenny Zimmermann zarlor at acm.org
Mon Jun 22 08:09:29 PDT 1998

On Sat, 20 Jun 1998 16:06:13 -0500, Don Dore wrote:

>On 16 Jun 98,, Lenny Zimmermann wrote:
>
>> If you ask me ALL of the Pelicans, Laurels and Knights, should just be
>> "knights", or some designation of nobility or peerage.
[snip]
>> Mashing it all into a single peerage would rectify the problem completely.
>
>We would still need guiding bodies for the A&S and for the fighting arts. Yes,
>there are lots of solutions for that, but it would have to be addressed.

I don't see where any "solution" is required at all. Leaders are
simply leaders and will act as those "guiding bodies" quite naturally,
in my experience. I still think all you'd be trying to do is fostering
the attempt to pigeon-hole the peerage to meet modern convention. If
the need seems to really be that strong, however, then I would concur
that something could easily be put into place to make it known which
groups of individuals have expertise in whatever areas of experience
are relevant to a given situation.

I still think it would be nice to see the peerage created as a single
entity, but that sure would make circles a nightmare. ;-) (Not that it
would ever happen, anyway. I don't think enough people care one way or
the other and there's always the adage for some that "If it ain't
broke, don't fix it.")

Honos Servio,
Lionardo Acquistapace, Bjornsborg
(mka Lenny Zimmermann, San Antonio)