ANST - White Scarves as <

SCOTT A WAGGONER maynedelacroix at juno.com
Mon Jun 22 10:33:24 PDT 1998

On Mon, 22 Jun 1998 00:56:14 -0500 "Jan Downs" <warrior at texas.net>
writes:
>Just so the good gentles know, the practice sword you refer to in this
>case
>is a shinai. A bokken is made of solid wood and is quite capable of
>cracking
>a skull.
>Just information.
>Martel

Yep, back when I was knight marshal of Gate's Edge, the only armor we had
at the time was mine. So for practice i had to dress the new fighters in
my stuff and used my bokken to attack with since the only rattan sword
with basket hilt was in their hands. It worked pretty well, but I wouldnt
try it for the long run.

Scott Waggoner
Mayne de la Croix --- The original MiB
Gate's Edge Canton, Barony of  Stargate,  Ansteorra

-----Are YOU fighting at TRF this year? Ask me for details-----