ANST - Bottles and Brewing

kevon at corridor.net kevon at corridor.net
Mon Jun 22 12:20:48 PDT 1998

For beer I used a color coded store bought round sticker that was
placed on the cap.  No digging in the ice to figure out what was what,
and didn't matter if they stuck on there forever.  Just had to
remember what color went with what.  For Wine, I used the shrink wrap
foil look alike stuff to cover the cork and then put a mailing label
type sticker (which you can feed thru your printer on sheets) also
comes off when you take the shrink wrap off.  No more having to peel
stickers again.

Pat St. Jean said something that sounded like:
> Just an aside on this thread, but once you've got the labels removed
and
> want to relabel your bottles, I've found that glue sticks work best
for
> attaching them.  The glue will soak off in hot water so removal is
easy.

The glue sticks I had didn't work very well. The problem was they slid
off in cold water, so they kept falling off in the cooler. This makes
for a fun game of guess the beer.

I've found rubber cement to work best so far.