ANST - Merit...

Robert Brown gorm at intplsrv.net
Tue Jun 23 10:50:30 PDT 1998

Pug typed:
<snip>

>   What about the Star and Iris of Merit?
>   About when does someone get recommended for one of these? (ie. How
>     much work above the "AoA level" and/or before the "PoA level"?)
>  <snip>

When I first joined the group back 5 - 6 years, it was explained to me thusly by
HL Caitrin O'Sullivan.  She was speaking about the A+S awards, but the service
seems to follow the same pattern.
When you are known in the local groups for your work, you are given a thistle.
When you are known throughout your region by your works, you are given an Iris.
When the whole kingdom knows your work, you are given a laurel.
This is of course not true in every case, but generally this bears out.