ANST - swords

Cougar cougar17 at swbell.net
Tue Jun 23 12:47:57 PDT 1998

I'm gonna say that it ALL depends on the officer. I learned a LONG time
ago, there is NO such thing as "They CAN'T do that" when it comes to
police.

We were pulled over for speeding, on the way to an event, and I was in
the passenger side, in garb, wearing my steel. After the officer's
initial shock, and displaying my SCA fighter card, we chit-chatted about
the SCA. He was so interested, that he ended up forgetting about writing
a ticket! :) On the other hand, another officer might have just hauled
me in just for the hell of it, even if my steel was properly secured and
out of reach. Even though such a charge wouldnt stick (depending on the
mood of the judge) in the meantime, I'd have been cuffed, hauled to
jail, had to bond out, go to a court date and miss the event. So...in my
humble opinion, it's a gamble.

						Cougar!!