ANST - Fwd: copyright permission withdrawn

Dennis O'Connor dmoc at primenet.com
Fri Jun 26 01:20:49 PDT 1998

From: Donal & Sosha <catsden at texas.net>

>Dennis O'Connor wrote:
>(letter from the BoD snipped)
>> Now, you want to know why the Board did this ?
>> Ask them, not me.  I don't speak for the SCA.
>
>You just did.

Think so ?  If I took a newspaper quote from Bill Clinton
and posted it, would I be speaking for the White House ?

>You published a letter that is published elsewhere,
>apparently to no other purpose than to attempt to predjudice folk
>against Marcus.

Nah, if I wanted to prejudice people against Marcus,
I'd have posted much more damaging stuff than that.
What I posted is a public communication from the BoD.
Someone else started this thread (as I mention
elsewhere) with a complaint about the so-called
"injustice" the BoD had committed.  I posted part
of the BoD's official public statement on the matter

I didn't even post what I know first-hand about the
matters involved, much less everything else.  You
have no idea how hard I am trying to "sanitize" my
posts. Because it isn't my place to defend the BoD's
actions:  that's their prerogative, to do or not do.

> You, on the other hand, published _only_ the information
>that put him in the worst light, after numerous statements by others
>to the effect that this was an inappropriate thread.

No, I published the Board's judgement, so people would
have before them the public record of what had been
done that kicked off the whole mess.

>It looks like you are the one with the axe to grind.

If I had an axe to grind, I'd have posted some or all of
the stuff I mentioned above.  Marcus and I have sparred
in the past, but what of it ?  I'm not about to clutter my
life up with a bunch of Internet vendettas. It's not worth
the effort or the price.

>(ref.
>http://members.tripod.com/~whitebard/reward.htm for the joke) IMHO,
>this discussion, involving as it does Atenveldt internal politics of
>the nastiest sort, is inappropriate to the Ansteorran list.

Go tell the guy who posted Bethancourt's little protest,
he started it.  Where was your outrage then ? Or is it okay
for them to post THEIR side, as long as no one replies with
a different perspective ?

I'd rather the matter had never come up, and people had
just gotten on with their lives.  But I'm not going to sit by
and allow only a slanted version of  the story to be told.

Heck, I could have posted the BoD's decisions on
sanctions a month ago if _I_ wanted to make an issue
of this.  But I didn't, did I ?

And BTW, contrary to what the propagandists would
have you believe, the BoD members are not pawns of
Aten political factions, so this furor isn't likely to be
just "Atenveldt internal politics".  You want more, like
I said, ask a Board member who was involved.  Or go
on believing what the sanctioned say if you like; whichever
your dedication to seeking the truth demands of you.
Dennis O'Connor                        dmoc at primenet.com
Vanity Web Page:    http://www.primenet.com/~dmoc/