ANST - Petruccio & the BoD...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri Jun 26 05:51:40 PDT 1998

Good Morning one and all,

  Here we go with the List Admin hat again.

  I hope I do not make a stand for or against Petruccio or the BoD. I
  don't have any feelings for either, nor any knowledge of the case.
  Frankly, I don't care either way.

  So far the actions taken by those who have posted information
  regarding Petruccio and the BoD have been acceptable and accurate.
  Posting the Copyright retraction and the BoD ruling are just as
  appropriate as mundane Court findings/rulings.

  What I would like to see avoided are accusations, assumptions and
  rumor-mongering on this list. If, as in this case, there is a website
  with further information, you are welcome to refer people to it for
  more information, but do not repost it here nor try to open it up for
  discussion as to the "dirt". If people wish it in their private
  mailbox, that is more than acceptable for them to request.

  I'm sorry that politics and/or personal motive cause issues like this
  to happen, but I, nor this list, can truly know what happens between
  other individuals. It makes it worse that another Kingdom's politics
  have invaded ours, but hopefully it sets an example so that we do not
  repeat their mistakes.

  I do not place motives on those who posted or requested information,
  nor should you.

  I'm sorry that members of this list have resorted to name calling and
  personal attacks in private of someone who just wanted a little
  clarification of "the facts".
      (I will give you that "the facts" are as a group of people found
       them to be, but that official group of people are the ones we have
       to trust to do the "right thing". Even if it's the BoD, the
       judicial system or the US government, it doesn't mean we don't
       have to keep an eye on them at all times.)

  Let us please try to be a Chivalrous and Polite Society. This does not
  mean that we have to be PC or fearful of what we post. It does mean
  that we have to be nice to each other (even if we don't like each
  other), not make accusations in front of those not involved, and not
  spread rumors.

  Btw, there is a Catch-22 with the Bethancourt retraction of copyright
  for SCA Inc. It can't be published on SCA websites nor in SCA
  newsletters in order to inform those who might use them.

In Service to this mess we call a Dream,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "I know that I will never be politically correct
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   I don't give a damn about my lack of etiquette