ANST - Baronial question.

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Fri Jun 26 18:59:52 PDT 1998

Pug (pug at pug.net) wrote:
> What's a Palantine Baron/ess?

(Note, all: there was no need to quote all his text!  I'm silently
agreeing with his listing of the precedence of baronry vs. peers.)

THere are a few places where the baron/ess are chosen by
standard tournament combat, just like royalty.  Far West
is one -- that's the group in Korea (I don't know if they
include Japan or no).  I dimly recall Board policy being
that it should be only for really isolated groups.  I don't
know why, if that's so -- to give the heavy fighters a chance
to swing a stick and win *something*?

Daniel "speak softly" de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;