ANST - Beware the Cookie Monster!

Robert Brown gorm at intplsrv.net
Fri Jun 26 21:41:13 PDT 1998

  I am not going to quaote all the text of the last message,
because most of the message would need to be here.
    Donal said something like:  If all a person wants is an award
then PHHTTTTTT!
    Sir Deitrich said something like:   I disagree awards are
there to drive us on.
    Erikk Wolfrikksson said something like:Yep.  then he went
into further depth.

I say...you are all correct.  Donal says if ALL a person wants is
awards, he'd rather not work with them.  I agree.  However,
awards are a lovely point to strive for, and a lovely reward.
Many people play by this principal, and don't even realize it.
How many flock to the laurel that now refuses to teach, only to
nay say?  How many run to the Don whose purpose on the field is
only to show how big of a fool you are?
    Their counterparts, however...The laurel who will explain for
a fith time to a heavy fighter just how to do that embroidery
stitch.  The Don, who despite his skill, yields to a newbie who
has bearly scratched him, and then works with him for hours.
Awards are something to strive for, but if they are the end of
your journey, It is a trip I will not make with you.
Gorm