ANST - awards(Deads not Words)

Lisa A. May xylm1 at TTACS.TTU.EDU
Sun Jun 28 14:40:15 PDT 1998

At 02:28 PM 6/28/1998 -0500, you wrote:

>My Laurel did a similar thing, but I had no pre-knowlege of it. She told me
>to bring a bunch of my work to Loch Salaan's (Atenveldt) winter court for
>some A&S display they were putting together. She came up in court and
>petitioned the king to right a wrong of oversight, and all the rest of the
>Laurels came processing in, each holding and displaying a piece of my work.
>Talk about thunderstruck! It was pretty awesome.

This is a great idea too.  We made another Laurel for his skill in
armoring, and as part of his ceremony, different people carried in, piece
by piece, a set of full-plate armor he had made.  It was museum quality and
quite an effective proof to the populace of his skill and worthiness to be
raised to the Laurel.  I can still remember the gasps and "wows" from the
crowd as the pieces were displayed.  This is a wonderful way to demonstrate
to the populace the types of works that will earn recognition from the
Crown, and why not show off the skill of that worthy artisan?  After all,
it's his/her day!

>Good thing a couple people took pictures, because my brain stopped working
>somewhere very early in the experience. (Of course, there are those who will
>contend it never fully started back up again.) ;-

<smile>  I know several people, including myself, who can remember little
or nothing of the ceremony that made them a peer.  Actually, I had never
been to a full court before and wasn't even sure what to do when the
coronet of the East was placed on my head.  My brains were sucked right out
through the circlet and, for all I know, are still circulating somewhere in
the ether.  Nobody need agree with that statement too enthusiastically please!

Margaret