ANST - unsubscribe

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sun Jun 28 19:21:02 PDT 1998

SCOTT A WAGGONER said something that sounded like:
> Well, since so many people seem to feel that Othar's rude attack on my
> lady was totally wonderful and chivalrous and my rebuttal was vile and
> evil,

I for one did not condone Othar's behavior.

I did however state that yours was at least as bad, if not worse. At
least Othar did his chastising in private, where it should have stayed.

To me this *looks* like a bit of personal Politics that I don't
care to be part of. I have dealt with enough Politics that I don't
desire other people's.

> I have decided that this is the last straw with the SCA which I
> have become increasingly disenchanted with.

Let me guess, you've been in 4-8 years?

It sounds like that time in your growth.

> If anyone wished to write
> me, send it privately because I am unsubscribing from the Ansteorran
> list, and quitting the SCA in general.  I am hereby resigning as
> Chamberlaine of the Canton of Gate's Edge and cancelling any current and
> future commitments to the SCA.

Instead of leaving the Society, I feel it is best that you set the
example that you want others to follow. I have personally gone through
similar emotions not that long ago and only recently decided that is how
I would deal with it. (<6 months)

In Service to his Dream,