ANST - Politics, paranoia, poppycock, and piffle

PKieferjr at aol.com PKieferjr at aol.com
Mon Jun 29 15:16:59 PDT 1998

<< Hmmm, I would be tempted to reply, "Well said!", but I don't want to be
 thought of as too political......

Hmmm....reminds me of the old paradox.....

It was, generally speaking, a paradox where we had the stated assumption of
"All X are liars."  Then we had someone get up on the podium and state "I am
X".  Are you inclined to believe him?  Is his statement true?

Human species is, by its very nature, political.  We fight for our very
survival.  We may have evolved and developed over the millenia, but we still
fight for our survival in a diferrent form......politics.

We exist, ergo we are political.

Do I support politics?  Not always.  Only when either necessary or
appropriate.  And then, only when I cast my vote for the next mundane
election.

Do I get mad sometimes?  Hell, yes!  You should see me when I rant and cuss a
mean blue streak at the top of my lungs until my voice is raw (on second
thought, don't......it's not pretty), but do I let it out into the general
public?  Very rarely.  I've made a few big-ass mistakes in my life.
Fortunately, I've managed to keep it down to a respectable rarity.

I would consider this list a part of the "general public", which means my
temper, in nearly every case, is not going to be here.

However, I will state this much.......this list is not entirely for the
emotional and/or political.  If you have to be emotional and/or political, and
you're about to nail someone through this list.......DON'T DO IT!  Back off
and reread your statement, then ask yourself if you're going to be offended by
your own statement, or if it's not appropriate if you recieve it?  If the
answer is "yes", hit that delete or exit key now.

As I said, I can cuss a mean blue streak sometimes......and I've been doing it
while reading this "Behavior" thread.  How lucky y'all are that I didn't put
it here.  I was that PO'ed.

But I ain't leaving...not for one bit.  Even if I have to butt my head against
a brick wall, I'm staying.

I'm sorry that Mayne had to bail out on principal.  I'm sorry that I have to
read Othar's statement.

I'm sorry that everybody in the universe (including me) has to be an idiot.

But there we are.

Are we willing to improve?   I'm trying to, every day of my life.  I don't
always succeed, but I'm still trying.

What about you?

Okay, enough of me on the soapbox.

Have a nice day.

Lord Johann Kiefer Hayden (Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.)