ANST - Dance Teachers Event

C Scot Henry henrycs at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 29 20:00:17 PDT 1998

I haven't heard anything about this yet, but would love it if it were true.
 On a slightly different note, while at Lindenwood's Midsummer's Ball this
past weekend, several of us avid dancers and dance teachers  (from Namron,
MooneShadowe, and Steppes) discussed possibly having a combined dance
practice/event where we could all  learn each others dances and/or have a
ball where we wouldn't have to teach every dance before dancing it.  ( I
mean no slight to those who don't know some or any of the dances and still
want to dance at the ball - I  am all for people learning dance anyway they
can and realize not everyone can make it to practices and that some areas
have no one willing or qualified to teach).  We only brought the idea up,
but if it has support perhaps we could organize it and make it a reality.
I'm not even sure which town would be a good place to have it.

Yes, I know some of you are going to say that that's what Kingdom dance is
for, but again you get all ranges of ability there and the classes are
predetermined.  This would be more free form:  "hi, I know ..... "  "oh,
I've always wanted to learn that", "I have music for that, but don't know
the steps" or " never heard of that.  Love to learn it"  or the no
walk-thrus, little or no calling kind of ball.

Personally, I'd love to learn some galliards.

Forever and always,
Lady Capricia d'Aulnay
(currently the dance teacher in Namron (practice in Weisenfeuer) because I
wanted to keep dancing when we moved here form the Steppes and no one else
was teaching.  Also a devoted student of the MooneShadowe Troope.)