ANST - Question...

Tue Jun 30 03:57:53 PDT 1998

> From: 	Robert Brown[SMTP:gorm at intplsrv.net]
>
> Aside from those of Rank, what of those with offices?  I have as
> yet not heard of a way for the group to remove a "bad" seneschal,
> etc.  Is there one?

At one time, the Knight Marshal, Herald and Seneschal were the required
triumvirate for any group and any two of the three could remove the third
for cause (I don't recall whether it was Society wide or in Atenveldt's
Kingdom Law).

For removal today, first you try to work out your differences, then you
petition the seneschal's superior for his removal.  The petition must state
must state your reasons for requesting removal.  Copies of the petition need
to be sent to the seneschal you are attempting to remove and to his
superior.  BTW, the more signatures from your group, the better.

If you don't get satisfaction, you can resubmit your petition to the
successive levels of the Seneschallate until you reach the Kingdom
Seneschal.  You may then petition the Crown, the Society Seneschal and the
BoD in that order.

That's the formal method.  It is a lot of time and trouble and is often like
killing a gnat with a sledgehammer.  Frankly, if I couldn't talk to the
seneschal, I'd look up the Regional or Principality Seneschal and explain
the problem and ask him to intercede and straighten out the mess.  If that
worthy can't or won't, then I would look at the formal method.

For details, check out the Organizational Handbook and the Complaint and
Appeal section of Kingdom Law.

Bear